Post Title: Resource Accountant
Department: Finance Division
Hours: Full time
Salary: Starting from £39,324 and rising to £46,924
Closing date: Friday 11 August 2017.
Expected start date: Monday 2 October 2017
University of Sussex is an internationally renowned Higher Education institution consistently ranked amongst the top 20 in the UK. Situated in rolling parkland on the edge of Brighton, the campus combines award-winning architecture with green open spaces. The University of Sussex offers a great range of staff benefits including access to world-class resources, discounted gym and sports memberships, interest-free season ticket loan and staff activities throughout the year.
We have recently restructured our Corporate Reporting team in the Finance Division and as such have an exciting opening for a Resource Accountant. You will play a crucial role in helping to shape our finance capability going forward. We’re looking for a proven finance professional that is technically strong and has the ability to make sound recommendations to the university based on credible managed data. You will be a confident Excel user; specifically you should be familiar with Activity Based Costing Models.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills as the post will involve persuading and influencing staff from across the University to provide sound financial advice. You will also be required to ensure that the processes operate efficiently and be able to advise senior University management on the strategic use of the data and returns.
- Management of Resource Allocation Model (RAM)
- Management of Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC) and associated data returns.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency Return and other statutory financial returns
- Being an integral part of the team that delivers the Year End Process and Audit
Skills & experience:
- CCAB/CIMA qualified Accountant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at a level appropriate to liaise with senior managers and academic staff
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to a non-financially literate audience
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Advanced IT skills (Excel, able to write reports in standard reporting tools)
For more information and how to apply: please contact our retained CIPFA-Penna consultant on email@example.com 0203 751 3316