Finance Analyst - Central Government
Salary range: £40,282 to £47,055 + excellent government pension & wider benefits
Central Government Agency
This is a really exciting opportunity for a part/newly qualified accountant to join one of the most interesting and complex government departments during a key period of substantial change. The finance analyst will support the head of financial analysis and reporting in setting up the finance business intelligence function for the Department. This is an exciting & varied role with excellent progression opportunities.
- Analyse financial data and provide useful information to Business Partner’s & senior finance personnel to improve advice given to policy officials, the exec board & ministers.
- Assist in the development of essential analytical tools to improve forecasting accuracy.
- Working closely with the shared services team to maximise the use of the finance system and associated modules.
- Work with the commercial team to develop and deliver an efficiency plan for Arm’s Lengths Bodies to help drive down costs & deliver true value for money.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Qualified or soon to be qualified accountant
- Confident in relaying financial information to non-financial managers
- An excellent communicator and able to work in a fast paced, high profile team
- Advanced excel skills
- Determined & resilient, able to work under pressure and at pace
For more information, please call Tim Salmon on 0203 031 9634 and send your CV to email@example.com. There are multiple posts and if you are interested in the area of work this role is within, but feel the role isn’t quite the right fit – it may still be worth a exploratory conversation.