We are looking for two high performing, enthusiastic and technically sound individuals with excellent analytical skills.
You will have either experience in:
- Business rate and council tax collection fund accounting and income modelling; OR
- Technical capital accounting experience in local government
In addition, the key responsibilities of the post holder will include;
- Assisting with the production of the Statement of Accounts including liaising with auditors
- Proactive analysis of financial and non-financial information, benchmarking etc to facilitate strategic budget decisions
- Taking responsibility for providing sound, pro-active financial advice and technical accounting support services
- Assist in the reporting of revenue and capital expenditure and forecasts
In addition to strong technical skills, we hope that you will be able to evidence developing leadership qualities such as building effective working relationships, initiating and delivering improvements, political awareness and inspiring colleagues.
This is a small team and therefore, resilience and a willingness to work to your best at whatever comes your way is essential.
Southwark operates in a new open plan office in a central London location; home working; 28 days’ leave (increases with length of service).
For an informal discussion please contact Ahsan Khan on 020 7525 4349.
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: Monday 24 July 2017.
Short listing date: Wednesday 26 July 2017.
Interview/assessment (provisional dates): Wednesday 16 and Thursday 17 August 2017.