Consultant - Technical Accounting
CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, is the professional body for people in public finance. We champion high performance in public services by translating our experience and insight into clear advice and practical services. Globally, CIPFA leads the way in global public finance by standing up for sound public financial management and good governance.
Responsible for delivering client projects and for developing and maintaining client relationships. A particular focus of this role will be the support and ongoing development of CIPFA’s proprietary software to support Accounts Closedown, covering both client-side (implementation and support) projects and technical system improvement activities. This work will initially focus on UK Local Authorities but has potential for expansion into other client sectors
· Working with colleagues to provide successful implementations of the Accounts Closedown system to clients, along with necessary technical accounting and/or process-related advice.
· Identify and deliver updates and developments to the Accounts Closedown system.
· Develop other consultancy leads and identify and work with others to develop, win and deliver new opportunities.
· Work closely with the Business Development and Advisory Services teams to promote CIPFA’s services.
· Undertake assignments and projects to time and on budget, and liaising with clients and colleagues to ensure the project deliverables meet their expectations.
The ideal candidate will be:
· CIPFA Qualified or holds equivalent accountancy qualification
· 2-3 years' post qualification experience in a finance role in a public sector organisation
· Experienced in technical accounting, including accounts closedown processes and systems
· Experienced working in a software based business solutions
To view the full job description and person specification please visit our website. Or should you have any questions please contact our Recruiter Dina Khatib 02075435766.