Exec Director of Finance and Resources
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s best known charities as Executive Director of Finance and Resources.
Comic Relief is a major UK charity with a clear mission: to drive positive change through the power of entertainment. Having recently embarked on an exciting period of transformational change following the arrival of a new CEO last October, we are seeking an exceptional leader to oversee Finance, Legal & Business Affairs, People, Governance, Technology and Facilities and work closely with the CEO to deliver a new, exciting and ambitious strategy.
The successful candidate will be a proven board-facing Director and a qualified accountant with an impressive track record of having led multiple functions. You must be able to apply creativity to build on Comic Relief’s reputation as an innovative and future facing organisation; in addition to this, you will also need to:
- understand the voluntary sector and financial controls required, knowing how to work with the according decision making structure (including Trustees)
- have high levels of personal energy, bringing the ability to inspire others and lead them through significant change
- have a strong moral compass and want to help lead a modern, fun, nimble, and financially accountable organisation.
- Applicant deadline: Wednesday 19th July (we need your cv and a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability)
- 1st stage interviews – w/c 24th July
- 2nd stage interviews – w/c 31st July
For further information or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Michael Quest at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9638.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: ComicRelief@AllenLane.co.uk
Comic Relief positively welcomes, and seeks to ensure we achieve, diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality. We encourage applications from disabled people and we will guarantee a first stage interview to all disabled applicants who sufficiently demonstrate in their application how they meet the essential criteria for the job as outlined on the person specification of the job description.