Qualifications Development Coordinator
CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, is the professional body for people in public finance. We champion high performance in public services by translating our experience and insight into clear advice and practical services. Globally, CIPFA leads the way in global public finance by standing up for sound public financial management and good governance’
Support development and maintenance of effective qualifications and student learning strategies and, in conjunction with colleagues and partners, ensure their effective implementation.
- Support the Qualifications Development Manager in ensuring the development and ongoing maintenance of an appropriate qualifications framework for CIPFA’s membership-related qualifications.
- Ensure that the principles of the CIPFA qualifications framework are applied consistently and with due commercial sensitivity and creativity to proposals for establishing new examination-based membership entry routes for members of other professional bodies and to proposed Mutual Recognition Agreements and collaborations with other professional bodies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market developments, in particular in relation to competitors’ offerings, regulators’ expectations and professional education and assessment best practice, drawing effectively on commissioned subject matter expertise and ensuring that this knowledge informs qualifications development work on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that the currency of CIPFA’s qualifications is reflected in learning materials by supporting the development and implementation of an appropriate learning materials update cycle.
- Contribute proactively and collaboratively to the design of new qualifications to meet the demands of, and opportunities in, the market wherever in CIPFA the development proposal originates.
- Support development and implementation of a cost-effective internal accreditation framework for subsidiary qualifications leading to a form of CIPFA membership.
- Help to ensure that the guidance and requirements of IFAC, FEE, FRC and other regulatory and accreditation authorities and stakeholders are reflected appropriately in CIPFA’s qualification framework and policies.
- Help to ensure that all necessary policies and procedures are in place and effectively implemented in relation to CIPFA’s Registered Qualifying Body status.
- Assist in designing, developing and documenting the assessment strategies for CIPFA’s membership qualifications, liaising proactively with the Qualifications Development Manager, Head of Student Services and other CIPFA colleagues as appropriate to ensure their effective implementation.
- Assist in designing, developing and documenting the practical experience requirements for CIPFA’s qualifications, including employer accreditation arrangements, liaising proactively with the Qualifications Development Manager and Head of Student Services to ensure effective operation of the scheme and communication with stakeholders.
- Assist to develop and advise on the implementation of policies associated with the operation of CIPFA’s membership qualifications especially in relation to entry requirements, exemptions policy and the implementation of assessment strategies.
- In conjunction with the Qualifications Development Manager and other colleagues, assist to develop, maintain and ensure the implementation of an effective university accreditation strategy in relation to exemptions from CIPFA qualifications.
- Co-ordinate CIPFA’s response to external consultations and legislation insofar as they affect CIPFA’s educational programmes and liaise as appropriate with colleagues in relation to Institute statements in these areas.
- Assist to develop and apply effective quality management processes in relation to all development work for CIPFA qualifications.
- Assist with communications to stakeholders of changes to qualifications, in particular syllabus and assessment strategy changes.
- Assist in the production of regular reports to the Students and Members Board and other governance structures
- Assist with projects and partnerships, where relevant to the development of CIPFA’s membership qualifications
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to help ensure the achievement of KPIs.
- Contribute proactively to business planning work to ensure that qualifications development and student learning priorities are reflected in the outputs.
- In conjunction with the Qualifications Development Manager contribute proactively to the leadership and management of CIPFA qualifications activities.
- Identify business development opportunities and contribute market intelligence and resources to development activities.
- Ensure outputs are delivered to an agreed high standard and meet all quality criteria including ISO accreditation
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all CIPFA’s educational products and services as well as a sound overview of wider CIPFA products and services.
- Report regularly on activities to the Director of Learning Delivery and Partnerships, the Qualifications Development Manager, and other colleagues as required.
- Carry out any other duties within the remit of the post as required by senior management, deputising for the Qualifications Development Manager as required
None directly, but some responsibility under Qualifications Development Manager for qualifications development spend, principally focused on subject expert contractors.