Our ambitions are clear. We want to extend our impact in the communities we serve beyond our hospitals and current services. Crucial to us is for patients to have a world-class experience. We will do this through innovating. This renowned charity is proud to support many of the best clinical outcomes at the Royal Free. But also, as we finalise plans for our state-of-the-art Pears Building development, which will host a 37-bed lodge, innovative research laboratories for University College London, as well as commercial retail space, we are seeking a Finance Director who can ensure our strong financial position continues as enter the next stage of our journey.
With a track record of implementing management systems in an organisation, you will bring experience of the health, social care, or wider charitable sectors, or from the private sector. Your motivation to transform the experience of patients will match our ambitious growth goals. Working with Chris Burghes, our inspirational Chief Executive, as well as our growing Board, you will play a critical role in the leadership of the Charity as well as our subsidiary companies.
Fit for Royal Free Charity
(What we are looking for)
We can’t live without (essential)
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA)
- Minimum five years previous experience in a strategic finance position
- Proven stakeholder management and business partnering capability
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven experience of developing and enhancing existing finance team
- Demonstrable experience of working with SMT and improving underlying business performance
- Excellent written / report writing skills
- First class people / customer service focused skills
- Ability to:-
- prioritise, organise and manage workload effectively whilst dealing with unplanned interruptions
- follow instructions and adhere to Charity and Trust policies
- Excellent IT skills
We’d like you to (general)
- Be motivated and self-initiated with a non-judgemental approach
- Have a:-
- strong affinity with the charity mission and ethos
- positive professional work attitude
- presentable appearance
- ‘hands on’ attitude with good attention to detail
- Have an ability to:-
- work unsupervised
- work in a ‘team - based’ environment
- work to tight deadlines and deliver results
- be flexible, tactful, diplomatic and supportive in your approach
- Be enthusiastic and passionate for Charity / Hospital environment
The Royal Free is a pioneering organisation and continues to play a leading role in the life changing care of patients. It leads improvements in healthcare and is proud to have some of the best clinical outcomes in the country.
The Royal Free Charity supports the patients and staff of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. It comprises three local charities, the Royal Free Charity, Barnet Hospital Charity and Chase Farm Charity which enables us to support projects on a local level as well as supporting the Trust in larger projects.
For more information, please contact our executive search partners, Cadence Partners, on 020 7947 4960 or see our website by clicking apply: www.cp-opportunities.co.uk/rfc-finance/
Salary up to £85,000.