Finance Manager (Defence Geographic Finance Manager)
The Defence Geographic Centre is a unit within the Joint Forces Intelligence Group (JFIG) and falls within Chief Defence Intelligence’s (CDI) area of responsibility as part of Joint Forces Command (JFC). The DGC Finance Manager is responsible for the management of the National Centre for Geospatial Intelligence – Foundation (NCGI-F) budget of £67M which includes the Defence Geographic Centre (DGC), No 1 Air Information Documents Unit (AIDU) Business units and MOD’s Met Office (UKMO) and UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) programmes. The post holder will have primary responsibility for all aspects of the DGC budget (£20M) and co-ordination and consolidation responsibility for AIDU (£7M), Met Office and UKHO (£40M) budgets.
• NCGI-F Forecast of Outturn (FOO). Validation of input from DGC, AIDU, UKMO and UKHO programmes and production of a monthly consolidated FOO report to JFIG HQ. This includes production of an Operating Cost Statement and review of financial risk. Manage funding transfers through the budgetary chain in accordance with transfer windows.
• Compliance with Corporate Governance directives and procedures. Undertake DGC propriety and regularity checks and compile and submit returns to JFIG HQ.
• In Year Financial Management. Production of monthly DGC accruals data and prepayments for JFIG HQ. Payment of miscellaneous bills and claims. Provision of costs, advice and VAT treatment in support of sales policy. Provision of financial scrutiny for DGC procurements and programmes in accordance with current delegations. Review, maintenance and issue of all DGC delegation letters.
• Support to the Annual Budget Cycle process. Interpretation and translation of DGC bids into accounting format. Provision of VAT recovery and funding transfers information. Production of current year outturn data to aid scrutiny of bidding process.
• Provision of financial advice and support to business cases. Provision of financial advice to all staff. General support and advice on the production of business cases and investment appraisals.
• Branch Management. Line management responsibility for 1 x Band D. Review, management and development of all financial processes and procedures.
Candidates should hold a Financial Skills Certificate (FSC) – Foundation or be willing to work towards obtaining one within 3 months of taking up post and be competent users of Microsoft Excel.
Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) Qualification. Part of full qualified.
Civil Service finance experience.
Financial Skills Certificate: Foundation
For further information please refer to the Civil Service Jobs website using reference number: 1541709 to search for this vacancy (https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk).
Closing date: Sunday 16th July 2017