Interim Finance Director
Comic Relief if a major UK charity with a clear mission: to drive positive change through the power of entertainment. Having recently embarked on an exiting period of transformational change following the arrival of a new CEO last October, we are seeking an exceptional, proven Finance Director with previous transformation and sector experience, to join the Comic Relief Senior Management team for a fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
The successful Interim Finance Director will be responsible for: the overarching leadership of the finance team (x19 FTE’s + x3 project resources); driving the Finance Change Programme and leading the organisation’s investment fund management.
The successful candidate will be a proven Finance Director, able to apply creativity to build on Comic Relief’s reputation as an innovative and future facing organisation; in addition to this, you will also need proven experience of:
- leadership of a Finance function with responsibility for both control and business analysis
- setting and delivering an ‘end to end’ organisational budget with a 1-3 year timeline as well as working closely with legal/advising on deals/contracts
- understanding the voluntary sector and financial controls required, knowing how to work with the according decision making structure (including Trustees)
- running a finance department with requirements for good governance and external publication of annual accounts
- influencing and bringing about cultural change, setting standards, leading and developing a team through change
For further information or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Michael Quest at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9638.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: ComicRelief@AllenLane.co.uk
Comic Relief positively welcomes, and seeks to ensure we achieve, diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality. We encourage applications from disabled people and we will guarantee a first stage interview to all disabled applicants who sufficiently demonstrate in their application how they meet the essential criteria for the job as outlined on the person specification of the job description.