ICT Finance and Asset Manager
Croydon hasn’t seen expansion like we are currently experiencing since the 1960s. We’re already well underway with some £5bn of investment that will be completed over the next few years. New offices, new retail, and new homes will provide well-paid jobs and high-quality accommodation for our rapidly growing population.
Croydon is a naturally ambitious council – so we’re looking for inspirational leaders who share our passion for supporting business growth and responding to local needs.
Strong partnerships are the foundation for the future. That’s why we’re constantly looking forward. We need to find creative new ways of working together with other agencies and the private sector to deal with the financial challenges ahead.
Because with growth comes increased demand – but also huge opportunity.
Chances like this only come along once in a generation, and our task, and maybe yours, is to shape a positive future for Croydon’s residents and businesses alike.
ICT Finance and Asset Manager
Grade 16 £48,489 - £50,445
36 hours per week, Full time
Croydon Council's new leadership has ambitious plans for the borough; the vision is for Croydon to become a "smart city" at the cutting edge of the technology sector. A connected borough that is fully Wi-Fi enabled and home to the new Westfield shopping centre.
To meet this challenge, technology will be at its core and our ICT and Transformation team has been created in the Council to lead technology development and manage ICT contracts. The Council is seeking high performing ICT professionals to join this team who are Digital Council of the Year. If you are looking for your next interesting and challenging role in London's most ambitious borough, please contact us.
As the ICT Finance and Asset Manager you will be a key member within the ICT and Transformation team. You will be an experienced Finance Manager with demonstrable experience of Asset Management and managing complex ICT provision contracts in the Public/Private sector.
Your role will require strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to manage complex and multi-dimensional relationships within structured contractual processes.
- Managing contract governance relating to the financial aspects of the major ICT outsourced contract
- Oversee the processing and administering of all contract payment claims which will include the scrutiny of invoices carrying out random work sampling and audit on payment claims, in relation to work done.
- Manage and monitor the ICT budgets for all contracts including regularly producing forecasts for actual spend versus budgeted spend.
- Highlight any impact that budget constraints may have or are having upon service delivery and draw such impact to the attention of the Head of ICT and Transformation.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a robust ICT asset management regime (in conjunction with ICT Service Providers and ICT Contract Managers)
- Frequent liaison and negotiation with the Council’s ICT Service Delivery Partner to ensure that it is operating the Council’s ICT assets efficiently and effectively on behalf of the Council
For further details of the role and its responsibilities please refer to the full job description
Closing Date 25 June 2017