Newly Qualified Accountant
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join an iconic and important non-departmental public body (funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport), helping to save the UK’s most-loved treasures from being lost forever. The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) has awarded £7.1 billion to more than 40,000 projects to date. The successful candidate will be overseeing a notably broad and challenging remit, taking a leading role in the finance team, managing two staff and reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Focused predominately on ‘business partnering’ and analysis, but also taking a lead role with regard to statutory reporting during year end (April-June)
- The preparation of the trial balance and the statutory accounts for our Lottery-distribution activities.
- Oversee the payroll function, including the preparation of a salary budget and maintain the staff complement and staffing statistics
- Acting as the first point of contact for statistical information within Finance and the rest of the organisation
- To ensure the timely payment of duly authorised grants including transmission of approved payments
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fully qualified accountant (or finalist level) CCAB or any equivalent
- Competent in using excel spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage and influence a wide range of finance and non-finance stakeholders
- A self starter who is able to think on their feet and react quickly to situations
- Keen and able to take on a broad, challenging role in a newly structured team
Please send your CV and supporting statement to Tim Salmon from Allen Lane at email@example.com; or call Tim on 0203 031 9634 to find out more.
Wednesday 28th June - interviews
Sunday 18th June – application deadline