Friends of the Earth (FoE) is a unique organisation, with an increasingly important role to play in launching initiatives and campaigning to help create a better future for people and the planet. This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Financial Controller to join an organisation striving to see people across the world enjoying a better standard of living.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Regulatory Affairs, this is a key role and oversees the daily running of the finance team. The role will ensure that Friends of the Earth’s Strategy is supported through the provision of a strong financial control environment and effective finance team management and delivery. It is a key enabler for the delivery of environmental outcomes for Friends of the Earth and will help develop a refreshed team during an exciting period of change.
The Financial Controller is a broad role and oversees the production of management accounts, financial accounts and transactional finances. Deputising for the Director at Board and Committee meetings, the successful candidate will need to have strong communication skills and posses the gravitas required of such a key role; in addition, you will need to:
- Have a strong empathy or passion for the cause;
- Be a strong leader, capable of inspiring and developing the Finance Team;
- Have a strong core technical accounting background but the ability/desire to take an overarching role responsible for planning and supporting financial strategy as well;
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
While sector experience is not essential, an understanding of SORP will help.
- Closing date for applications Friday 23 June
- Meetings with Allen Lane W/c Monday 26 June (or before)
- Interviews at FoE Wednesday 5 July 2017
For information, please contact Michael Quest on 0203 031 9638 and to apply please email your cv and cover letter to Friendsoftheearth@allenlane.co.uk by Friday 23rd June. There will be an informative job microsite link which you can request from Allen Lane.