Consultant - Technical Accounting
Responsible for delivering client projects and for developing and maintaining client relationships.
A particular focus of this role will be the support and ongoing development of CIPFA’s proprietary software to support Accounts Closedown, covering both client-side (implementation and support) projects and technical system improvement activities. This work will initially focus on UK Local Authorities but has potential for expansion into other client sectors.
Working with colleagues to provide successful implementations of the Accounts Closedown system to clients, along with necessary technical accounting and/or process- related advice.
Identify and deliver updates and developments to the Accounts Closedown system.
Develop other consultancy leads and identify and work with others to develop, win and deliver new opportunities.
Work closely with the Business Development and Advisory Services teams to promote CIPFA’s services.
Undertake assignments and projects to time and on budget, and liaising with clients and colleagues to ensure the project deliverables meet their expectations.
- Contribute market intelligence and resource time to CIPFA’s commercial activities.
- Contribute to business planning, budget reforecasting and monitoring processes.
- Maintain and provide timely and accurate management information, as requested by line managers.
- Assist in delivering all KPIs and ensure own work is in line with agreed quality assurance and CRM guidelines.
- Undertake research/project work/consultancy/training/networks activities on behalf of CIPFA as required.
- Maintain individual CPD accreditation and develop effective networks with key stakeholders.
- Maintain up to date and detailed knowledge of public finance developments and best practices, in particular as they pertain to local government and the wider public sector.
- Undertake any additional duties as required by line manager.
- Be an ambassador for CIPFA and represent the Institute as required.
- Undertaken any other duties as required by senior managers.