Grade 12 - £42,474 to £47,527 per annum
Closing Date: 30th June 2017.
Walsall Council - Finance
Do you have a passion and interest in a career providing financial support to Children’s services and schools? If so then we have an opportunity to join the well respected finance team at Walsall Council. Walsall is an exciting place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration, having recently delivered a newly rebuilt hospital and college, development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys interacting with others, has knowledge and experience of finance and the ability to communicate and present effectively to non-financial staff / customers at all levels.
As an employer we provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 33 days, in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year,
- a career average pension scheme,
- an excellent training scheme to support employees to obtain a professional accountancy qualification and where appropriate to support continuing professional development,
- recent redevelopment of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows for agile working.
We are now seeking to recruit to a number of posts within our accountancy structure. These roles are essential in continuing to support the service redesign and improvement that will ensure we are in a position to enable the town to continue to thrive in these challenging financial times, as well as offering a wide range of experiences and opportunities for professional and personal development.
The posts require a thorough understanding of providing accountancy services within a large complex organisation, however in recognition of the knowledge that experience in other sectors can bring, whist an understanding of local government practice would be an advantage we would stress that it is not essential.
This role will focus on key projects and leading finance service teams
To apply for this role visit: https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/job/17759/lead-accountant-ref-cg02017/
For an informal discussion about any of the above posts please contact Ross Hutchinson (01922 658411) or Lloyd Haynes (01922 652340).
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 17th July 2017.
Information for applicants
- Applications are invited using our online application form only. If you have a disability and require information on submitting an application in another format then please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All correspondence will be via email, therefore candidates should check their email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting an application.
- This vacancy may be closed earlier than the published closing date should we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, it is strongly advised that candidates submit applications at the earliest opportunity.