Senior Procurement Officer
We are now recruiting for a Senior Procurement Officer to work within our P2P department based at Police Headquarters.
This role will provide professional procurement and contract advice to the business and manage the procurement process in line with regulations and national guidance.
It will liaise with Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Procurement, Evolve and other North Yorkshire Partnership Organisations in order to maximise collaborative opportunities.
The role will identify and recommend policy and recruitment changes, providing statistical and management information as required.
We are seeking a motivated individual with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent IT skills; proficient in Microsoft Officer suite and accounting systems.
- Previous experience in procurement advisory services in a regulated financial environment, with an understanding of procurement legislation.
- Demonstrable technical and professional expertise ideally qualified or working towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Diploma (MCIPS) or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, in order to advise and influence at all levels across the force.
You’ll be welcomed into an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to the best of their ability.
In addition, North Yorkshire Police offers a range of benefits including:
- Opportunity for flexible and/or agile working for a number of its support staff
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts including high-street discounts
- UNISON is the recognised Trade Union with NYP and there are also a number of other inclusion and Diversity support networks
Future HQ Relocation – Alverton Court, Northallerton
Alverton Court is just over half a mile from Northallerton’s mainline train station. There are regular, direct trains from York (23 mins), Thirsk (9mins) and Middlesbrough (28mins). NYP are in the process of facilitating this exciting move.
Late applications & CV's cannot be considered.
Closing Date: 9am, 26th June 2017