Financial Adviser to Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI)
Financial Advisor to the Governor in the Turks and Caicos Islands
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office seeks a Financial Advisor to work in one of the United Kingdom’s Overseas Territories, Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI).
The role will be to advise the Governor on matters pertaining to the financial management of the TCI Government and Statutory Bodies to ensure that they adhere to fiscal legislation and rules, that fiscal governance is operating effectively and that resources are adequately controlled.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
- at least a first degree or equivalent preferably in economics or a professional qualification in accountancy with a strong focus on public finance; or 10 years experience working at a senior level in a public sector organisation e.g. government, local authority or an international financial institution responsible for financial planning and macroeconomic management
- expertise in analysing and transforming complex data and economic and financial trends into actionable material for senior officials
- a track record in successfully delivering and managing change, demonstrating personal resilience in overcoming resistance to achieve desired outcomes.
- appropriate knowledge or acquaintance with the region
- strong report writing and presentation skills.